Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently on the stock Limited's. I want to get my baby some new shoes and wheels.

How small of a diameter rim can I go on the WK2's without compromising the brakes and what not? I would ideally like to go down to 15" because I love a large sidewall.

As for the tires, thinking of Mickey Thompson Baja A/T's 33", Hyper Venom Pro Terra X/T's 33", or the good ol' BF K02's @ 33"

I am getting a 2.5" lift kit for the whole vehicle but I would ideally like to do the lift and wheels/tires at the same time for alignment purposes.

Please, I need everyone's insight! I want to pull the trigger on this ASAP but the width of the tires is throwing me off and Im pretty set on 33" height for the tire (also I would love to go as low as I can go on the wheel diameter).

THANK YOU (y)<3 Stay safe everyone and I appreciate all the feedback. @cdoodles instagram

·
Premium Member
9,379 Posts
I can't say specifically for the WK, but OI have plenty of experience with a WJ. 15s, it depends on wheel material and back spacing. The stock wheels have a lot of negative back spacing, in other words the wheel is moved in over the brake calipers. This pic is my Dana 44 I am building with rear WJ brakes. The wheel is 8X15" with 2.5" back space. Plenty of room. But the stock XJ aluminum wheel with 5.5" back spacing rubs like crazy. The same with the front. Hope this gives you a good idea
IMG_2217.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts