Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas,im moving to virginia and i live in colorado 2,000 mile trip.now i run bald 32's ,maybe 5-10%left on pro comp muds(still workin fine
).my question is speed mph and rpms.im thinking im gonna be running high rpm's and barley pushing 65.......am i wrong or should i be ok.....never had it on interstate since i got it 8 months ago so i dont know.please look at my jeep specs below and tell me if i should be ok.also i was getting new tires anyway this monthand im going with 32.11.5 pro muds again....but should i 1.get them drive them across country. 2.used my old ones to drive across and ship my new ones.or buy used smaller tires for the drive....or will the 32 in fact be better? help please any tips advise

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, this is easy as I run 32x11.50x15 Pro Comp Mudders, as well. Mine have about 10-20% tread left, too. I also have 4.56 axles gears but the following is my performance on the hughway:

70 mph = 2300 rpm = 22 mpg
80 mph = 2700 rpm = 18 mpg

I hope this helps.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
dumb question.
have you regeared or are you still on stock gears. if so what gears are they. if your stock your mpg will probably suck. if you have regeared buy your new tires now before you drive across country. if you have not regeared I would say buy a set of used stock size tires and have them mounted. the amount of money you save in gas running on stockers will more than pay for the price of the used tires.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like its just turning into a 3 week visit instead of a move,itsto smith mtn lake Va.but im still driving the jeep......and im sure its stock gears.

·
Registered
70 Posts
With stock gear i would go to a yard and pick yourself up a set of stock rims and find some used tires. It will look retarded with your lift but it will be much easier on the jeep with the stock tires. Also going 2000 miles running the bigger tires isn't going to damage the transmission but it will but some abuse on it and the engine as well. Go back to the stock 15 or 16 inch rims for this trip.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe some 31.1050 allterrains oppsed to my 32 muds i got....will be better.i think i run 15's now.and im pulling a(lightweight) trailer with a dirtbike....all my stuff.....2 dogs and my friend. hehe

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you think a set of stock cherokee tires and rims will be my best option for this trip?will i have tilt problems with my lift?

·
Registered
81 Posts
TILT PROBLEMS ???????
31's compared to your 32's isnt gonna make much difference. you best bet is really gonna be some stock size tires. you will get much better gas mileage. plus since you said your also towing a trailer it makes it even more neccesary. towing a trailer cross country on stock gears with 32's is really gonna put a strain on your trans and probably do some major irreparable damage. do yourself a HUGE favor and get some stockers. your gonna hit mountains and the weight of the trailer combined with your much bigger tires is probably gonna overheat the trans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts