Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Now why do these guys get on here, post sweet *** xjs, and never post again?

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Its a very old thread, made by people who had their years of fun on here and moved on. The last 3 or so posters though...IDK. Guess they were too cool for us lol.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I saw how old it was. Lots of new blood on the forum now and thought we might stir up some new interest.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yeah I was talking about the last 2. That one woody has only 2 posts and that's unacceptable

·
Registered
670 Posts
I also noticed that myself. I remembered seeing him about half way through the tread when I was reading through. It was pretty cool looking at all the information. I hate spell checker, it always gets me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
My first XJ. A 96 with a 3" BB and blocks in the rear with 31x10.50 15s

My current XJ. 1999 w 4.5" RE coils and adj trac bar with AAL in the rear. Sitting on 33x 12.5 15s.

Wanting more lift as it doesn't seem all that high but new rear leaves and a Lock-rite for the rear are first priorities.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think I have decided on the Rusty's lift. XJ Cherokee 3" advanced kit.
front 3" springs
rear 3" springs
hydro performance shocks all 4
adjustable front track bar
extended steel braid brake lines
U bolts
upper fixed control arms
lower fixed control arms
I am adding the optional sway bar disconnects.
Adding optional steering stabilizer
$924
My question is. Are the optional adjustable upper and lower control arms necessary? Are the adjustable better? Adding these adds $120 more to the cost. So are fixed controal arms good for 3" or are adjustable worth the extra money?
I wish I could make this a poll.

·
Premium Member
10,426 Posts
It mostly depends on if you want a correct castor angle. Being able to dial that in will keep that stock ride feel

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Adjustable is better. It allows you to fine tune the pinion angles and eliminate any driveline vibrations that may appear. Also, if you change lift heights down the road, you can adjust for that without buying new control arms.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
I think I have decided on the Rusty's lift. XJ Cherokee 3" advanced kit.
front 3" springs
rear 3" springs
hydro performance shocks all 4
adjustable front track bar
extended steel braid brake lines
U bolts
upper fixed control arms
lower fixed control arms
I am adding the optional sway bar disconnects.
Adding optional steering stabilizer
$924
My question is. Are the optional adjustable upper and lower control arms necessary? Are the adjustable better? Adding these adds $120 more to the cost. So are fixed controal arms good for 3" or are adjustable worth the extra money?
I wish I could make this a poll.
^yep what they said.
Also, only the OP can create a poll on this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok on my 89 limited I have R/C 3 inch. I want to go to a 4.5 lift. I have limited my choices down to 2.
Rough Country4.5 with springs
Rustys 4.5 with springs
Any ideas or Suggestions The price is where I want to be at for the lift. I have read all your information just want to know if anyone has any longevity with eather lift. I am mostly leaning towards Rusty. Can anybody help me out with my Decision. Kyle you will Probably move this to another forum mabe

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
Ok on my 89 limited I have R/C 3 inch. I want to go to a 4.5 lift. I have limited my choices down to 2.
Rough Country4.5 with springs
Rustys 4.5 with springs
Any ideas or Suggestions The price is where I want to be at for the lift. I have read all your information just want to know if anyone has any longevity with eather lift. I am mostly leaning towards Rusty. Can anybody help me out with my Decision. Kyle you will Probably move this to another forum mabe
I'm gonna leave this here. More so for the responses. I run a Rubicon Express 3.5"... Rustys? Rough Country? Anybody??

BTW, Welcome to the forum. Head over to the new member intro thread and drop us some pics and stats, and stick around, do some "Search"ing TONS of good people and info on here.

·
Premium Member
10,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would take Rusty's over Rough Country. Rough Country is really kind of a low end lift. You will be replacing parts of it until you get tired of doing it and get a better lift. Rusty's is something you want to order over the phone and nail down the price. Otherwise they will gouge you on shipping

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Rough country is like a bad drug. Just say no.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts