Registered
44 Posts
my pics disappeared from earlier post :(..3.5 RE SF 31-10.50
older pic;

just added flares:

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
I personally think your XJ looks great! What are you trying to accomplish that you want to change the lift? I love those flares!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I personally think your XJ looks great! What are you trying to accomplish that you want to change the lift? I love those flares!
thanks...i dont want to change the lift...i do need to get bigger tires to fill in those wheel wells
Cameron

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
well i need some info from everyone, im getting my lift lift soon (thank you taxes) and im stuck on 4 different lifts

Rusty's 3 inch kit A.A.L at $330

Rough Country 3 inch series 2 A.A.L at $350

Zone Offroad 3 inch A.A.L AT $335

And Rubicon express 3.5 inch A.A.L kit for $427

All of these kits are with shocks and shipping costs, some have hardware i need listed while others dont so im hoping you guys can fill me in on anything i may need cause i will need this to be driving the day after to get to work

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
First, I would never plan to drive the day after. At least for me, it never works out. Just be prepared.

If you have to have an AAL, Rubi Express is the only way to go. But I have heard good things about Zone too.

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
You may need brake lines, track bar or relocation bracket. Then an alignment. Check with the manufactures, cause most lifts come in higher till the springs settle. If your 4"+ on the rear, you'll probably need a SYE. Transfer case drops work, but are usually not recommended because of all the other problems they cause.

Good luck. Post some before and after pics.

:thewave:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm only to wheel drive so I can skip out on most of the annoying stuff like that.. only thing I have to do is possibly shim the rear axle if need be... the rubi kit had lower control arms, extending end links, disco adapters, New center pins, spring clamps, rear break line as well as being a 3.5 lift. the only thing none of them come with that I'm seeing is the new spring eye bolts...

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
If your putting on AAL's the main spring doesn't even have to be removed. I put mine on without removing the main leaf. I bought used leafs that had a shim already. I eventually took it out because it created vibrations in the driveline.

This is what you are looking for in driveline angles:

Sounds like the Rubi is the best way for you to go.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks for the pic man... the rubi just got crossed of, the front springs aren't taller but thicker, so rougher ride... so I dug into the rough country kit I was looking out, I'm going to call to see if it comes with break line extensions but it has everything else I need... I know they kinda suck but it's my best bet

But your saying I should let the rear axle away from the main leaf? Not drop the hole leaf pack?

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
But your saying I should let the rear axle away from the main leaf? Not drop the hole leaf pack?
If you are just adding a leaf, yes, leave the main attached. The eye bolts are a MAJOR pain.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yea I've had to do it before and it is a pain... but note I'm worried about my drive angle since I only have one location to assist the angle... I.e. the rear axle, not like I can tilt the transmission

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a before and after of my 95 Xj. I bought a Rubicon 3.5 inch add a leaf Lift kit. I measured the height before and the top of the wheel arch was at 33 inches, it now close to 38 inches, after fitting the kit. This was the day I got it back from the shop so the wheels and tires are standard. Its an on going project. I am probably going with 33s. This page has really helped my with tire and wheel size options.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
01 sport
4.5'' Rubicon Express w/ 2 inch coil spacers N shackles!
33"x12.5"x15r mickey Tttts
warn winch! trimmed fenders custom bumper
!JEEPERS CREEPERS!

View attachment 686

this is after my winch, bumper, and a 33'' spare it weighed me down big time

View attachment 685
What did you have to do to the drive shafts to run this lift and tires?
Thanks Tyler

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lift help!

Hi my name is Tyler and I'm looking to lift my stock jeep. I wanna put a 4.5" lift but I am worried that the drive shafts won't work that good. Would I be able to run stock drive shafts or buy longer ones or what? If you guys could help that would be nice.
Thanks Tyler!

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Hi my name is Tyler and I'm looking to lift my stock jeep. I wanna put a 4.5" lift but I am worried that the drive shafts won't work that good. Would I be able to run stock drive shafts or buy longer ones or what? If you guys could help that would be nice.
Thanks Tyler!
http://www.sbcoffroad.net/oscommerce/product_info.php?cPath=37_1425_42_949&products_id=153

You can install that pretty easily (if ur jeep has the np231) and run a xj front driveshaft back there. I'd recommend a new shaft from tom woods or tatton's (ebay) but a rebuilt front shaft out of an xj works just fine (what i run).

You will need shims to clock the axle so the pinion angle is corrected and also adjustable arms up front for the same reason. Your stock front driveshaft should be ok but i would recommend you rebuilding it because old u-joints become cranky when you change their angles late in life.

141 - 160 of 199 Posts