Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Well I guess I will leave this here. 8 inch Sky Jacker Rock Ready lift Front 8 inch coils frame drop brackets for upper and lower control arms The axle has a bolt on truss that raises the upper control arm mounts about 2 inches Rear between extended shackles, springs and the larger tubes of the 8.8 diff is around 8 inches total also. Wheels are 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II w/ 4 inch back spacing. Tires are Cooper stt 33x12.50 I'm getting 35x12.50s within the next month

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I have not seen much on Full Traction Long Arm kits. It looks like a pretty good kit. 4 link upfront which is a bit different for an XJ. Any feedback or comments on it.
One thing I dislike is the heim joint on the lower arms (if they still use that). I never had good luck with heims on either suspension or steering. They always wear and clunk.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Funny now that I am looking at that. The same problem they have with the JK's. Also pretty harsh on the hands. Thanks for that!
You could probably swap in johnny joints if they have the size. JJ's are the best. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to take a look at the threads. I am sure between JJ/RK joints/MetalCloak..... One is bound to be a little better. Otherwise it sounds like FullTraction may be a good option 4 link LA kit for the Cherokee. I think it will make for a good trail truck

You could probably swap in johnny joints if they have the size. JJ's are the best. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
About 5 inches of lift, home brew rear double leaf pack, Toyota trail gear 4 in lift leafs for the front. 37 in pro comp MTs. Clears with some trimming.

Ford Dana 44 front, Chevy 14 bolt rear, 5.38 gears. Leaf Springs all around and high steer. Has frame stiffiners from rough stuff. Lifted tank to make room for the 14 bolt.

No wheeling shots yet, waiting on shafts and shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I vote ban hammer for that crappy introduction post. Just kidding. Please for the love of jeeps and everyone on this forum, make an introduction thread and post more pics of that sweet ride. Been wondering about a front leaf swap for a long time. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Sounds great, cant wait to see more details on that thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice flex. Is that a homemade rti ramp?
Yes sir! I'm a contractor so I just brought some scraps home to build it. I actually made one out of a bunch of angle iron I found in a burnt house demolition we did a few months ago but apparently the metal got to hot in the fire because it literally collapsed after I was only a couple feet up.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Sweet. Are your bump stops preventing anymore travel in the rear?

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
I don't have any bump stops on the rear. They were gone when I got it. My front brake lines were getting tight so thats where we stopped.
FYI, from the looks of your pics, that front brake line is very tight. may have internal damage. keep an eye on your front caliper, if it seems like its sticking it might be from the hose. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not as gnarly as it looks, my shocks were limiting me big time so we pull it up the ramp to see how how much room we had to work with b4 the lines got too tight we set straps just a little bit below that mark. Hopefully it should be good. But ya in the pic it looks stretched out lol

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I need to get shocks for the rear on my xj. I think the limit my down travel. My bump stops AKA tire hitting fender only lets me get about 4 inches of up travel. So I think a longer shock would allow it to droop more.

·
Registered
670 Posts
3.5 RE Express Lift

Here is mine:
Rubicon Express Superflex 3.5 inch lift (Actual Lift 4.0 front, 4.5 rear)
Adjustable RE UCAs/LCAs
RE Track Bar
Crown HD Steering Upgrade
Rear full packs
33x12.50x15 BFG KO2 Tires
Atlas Systems SYE with Custom Drive Shaft
Napier Flat Fender Flares
JCR Classic Sliders

Attachments

161 - 180 of 199 Posts