Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
My 92 weighs 5100 with me & 1/2 tank fuel and gear.
My 89 weighs 4750 with me and full tank.
The mj so far is a tank at 5700 & sure to be mid 6000 range soon

Aerodynamically speaking xjs and mjs are like driving sheets of plywood down the road. But would we trade them for a Dodge dart?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Years later.......
Mine weighs 4360lbs with me in it on worn out 31x10.50 tires on 4" lift and 4.10 gears
It does 2750rpm @ 80mph and 2500 I think at 70mph.

If you have updates on your build (Gluck!) lets see some new info. Also, this is a call-out for those of you who joined later and missed this thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I see what you did there. Once I have my fan installed I will provide some updated #'s.
For the curious types, 96 Stone pearl white XJ, 4.5" lift 35/12.50/15's on grey steelies with 4.56 gears and a 39 tooth speedo gear, should put my rpm's right around stock. I will confirm once my Jeep is back up.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
I'm baaaaaacck!! Feast your eyes on this:

I had my cruise on a flat straight section of a 4 lane highway. At 65 my RPM's are 2100. I used the GPS Maps on my phone to compare speeds. At 65 mph I was dead even with the GPS. At 55 is was 2 mph off and at 45 I was 4 mph off. meaning my speedo was ahead of the GPS but caught up by 65.
As I stated earlier, I have 35" tires, 4.56 gears,and a 39 tooth speedo gear. AW4 transmission and 4.0 engine (4 port injectors). Just as an FYI, I replaced my stock mechanical fan with a 2 speed electric and removed my AC compressor. I also have a larger alternator, but at those speed the electric fans are not on.
A few minor vibrations, but given all the mods, I can live with it.

Booom goes the dynamite. :cool:

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice, now get back out there and try it at 80mph! Just kidding Gluck, we cant all have "fast" jeeps.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
Challenge accepted. However if I death wobble into a crash, cause you know, no sway bar, make sure someone gets the pics off my phone. You can cut off either index finger to use to unlock my phone. :oops: 👆🔪🗡✂

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm baaaaaacck!! Feast your eyes on this: View attachment 227909 View attachment 227910

I had my cruise on a flat straight section of a 4 lane highway. At 65 my RPM's are 2100. I used the GPS Maps on my phone to compare speeds. At 65 mph I was dead even with the GPS. At 55 is was 2 mph off and at 45 I was 4 mph off. meaning my speedo was ahead of the GPS but caught up by 65.
As I stated earlier, I have 35" tires, 4.56 gears,and a 39 tooth speedo gear. AW4 transmission and 4.0 engine (4 port injectors). Just as an FYI, I replaced my stock mechanical fan with a 2 speed electric and removed my AC compressor. I also have a larger alternator, but at those speed the electric fans are not on.
A few minor vibrations, but given all the mods, I can live with it.

Booom goes the dynamite. :cool:
Love the I guess hydrodipped instrument bezel, it's hot. I've actually have mine out right now, idea time.

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
Love the I guess hydrodipped instrument bezel, it's hot. I've actually have mine out right now, idea time.
Yep the upgrade is indeed hydrodipped. The pattern is called ghost flames. It really looks neat with my green led dash lights.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts