Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a xj lift will fit a ZJ? What is the difference between the two besides the the bumpers and body?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Grands have coils at all 4 corners and XJs have coils up front ,leaves out back
Yes he is right, you can use the front ZJ coils on the XJ though. Other then that I believe the front tracbars are compatible along with the front CA's. Aside from those things they are different animals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I am sorry I keep asking off the wall questions. I trying to get a lift kit already so when I get the ZJ for good on tuesday I am ready. I am make my own winch bumper I will post pics as I go.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Thanks I am sorry I keep asking off the wall questions. I trying to get a lift kit already so when I get the ZJ for good on tuesday I am ready. I am make my own winch bumper I will post pics as I go.
No problem, we try to keep an open environment around here with all questions welcome. Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

:rock:

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
Yes he is right, you can use the front ZJ coils on the XJ though. Other then that I believe the front tracbars are compatible along with the front CA's. Aside from those things they are different animals.
Everything on the front end of a ZJ/MJ/XJ/TJ/LJ is interchangeable (trackbar, steering setups, CA's, etc etc). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Everything on the front end of a ZJ/MJ/XJ/TJ/LJ is interchangeable (trackbar, steering setups, CA's, etc etc). :thumbsup:
Well everything except for the coils, while they will fit some will give a different height then others.

·
Registered
444 Posts
you have to be careful with the springs though right?? ZJs used two different springs i think as far as spring rate goes, for the heavier weight of the V8 vs the 4.0L. Right??

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On that note can I put V8 springs in a inline six? The bumper I am making is 1/4 plate with a 8000lbs Ramsey winch. I wont hurt to have a really strong springs up front,

·
Registered
54 Posts
ZJ/WJ springs have a different spring rate, thus putting them on an XJ will make it very stiff.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
you have to be careful with the springs though right?? ZJs used two different springs i think as far as spring rate goes, for the heavier weight of the V8 vs the 4.0L. Right??
I've looked in several places and I cannot find seperate part # for V8 or I6 springs.( I might not have looked in the right places). I've been told that there is no difference in springs. I don't think the V8 weighs that much more than a I6. The 4.0 is heavy beast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
only reason i mention it is because i know the steering set up is beefier on the V8 GCs vs the 4.0 GCs
I own a V8 GCL and my buddy owns the 4.0 inline 6, mine is about 200lbs heavier in the front than his 4.0, the springs on mine are definitely beefier than his are and I’m coils all th way and he has leaf under the rear. They are not the same weight rating wise either. Tried putting the 4.0 springs in my 5.2 and it sat to low in the front, now that could have been do to some compaction being they were well used, but I went beefier anyhow because I take it trailing, so all in all I’d say go beefier in the springs, like don’t get them off a 4.0L to put them on 5.2L but that’s just my opinion

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
This is from 2009

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts