Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Here they are...lol. Today was first day warm enough I could open the hood and snap pics in bare hands... ::rofl:

EDIT: Oops, I lied. The campus computers dont have SD card ports, and I forgot my cord, so I guess I will just raise the suspense for nothing until I get home again... :brickwall:
You sir, are not cool!! :p

:thewave:

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Hmmm... could you mount it to the hatch?? Then it's never buried, and easily accessible. I think I'm gonna try it. Would definitely have to upgrade the struts for a 5 pounder.

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Www.liftsupportsdepot.com I used them to replaced the junk harbor freight struts on my toolbox. I even got the sexy black boots that go over them. Woot woot.

Ok, sorry. You can have your thread back. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Since i am too lazy to go back through your thread (DJM), what brake lines are you using on the front??

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
:eek:, I didn't look through the Budget mod thread either. My research shows an 89 YJ (wrangler) brake line is 19.1" vs the XJ at 16.25"

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Cool, I'm gonna order/get them tomorrow, so I am ready when my goodies get here. :plot:

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Swing and a miss, nothing on 3, I'm too lazy to go diggin tonite. I got a buddy that owns a parts store, I get stuff pretty cheap, gonna call him tomorrow. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
BTW, Napa's part # is UP 38499. This is for an 89 Wrangler YJ, front brake line, which is 19.1" long making it 3" longer than a stock XJ which is 16.25". Napa is 3 bucks cheaper than Autozone, go figure.

I know you know all this, but I am just sharing with the rest of the world.

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
I think what you are talking about is called a "Bar Pin Eliminator" BPE, and has several write ups on here about them. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Oh how easily we are amused!! Looks good. This is one for the Gemini to do list. : thumbsup:
where did you get the new lifts for the hatch?

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
A coil pack will probably solve your misfires (60 at the JY), or it could be a heat soak issue, use the search function, LOL. Had to do it.
Check your wiring for fraying and check the wires that go around the rear of the valve cover, they sometimes rub against a valve cover bolt.

Aside from losing coolant the lower hose isn't bad. pull your air box to give you extra room.

The front Temp sensor, At the t-stat is used by the ECM for fan control, and the rear one is for the gauge.

Hope this helps, :D

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Also, check the ground wire from your firewall to the head, if it gets bad, all kinds of crazy stuff happens.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts