Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I want one of those trailers so bad superman
Theyre out there. You just gotta look pretty hard for em. Midwestern farms probably have a higher density of them because they were ordered out of catalogs for farm use. In the desert out there your better off looking for ex-military trailers

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I find them occasionally on my local cl for around a grand. Just cant afford it. And when i can afford it, i plan on buying jeep parts so a trailer will probably never happen

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I find them occasionally on my local cl for around a grand. Just cant afford it. And when i can afford it, i plan on buying jeep parts so a trailer will probably never happen
There's one for sale on Craigslist Cleveland, it had my attention and was a decent price, but I didn't need it. This one just hopped into my lap.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Worked on the rack tonight

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Pretty sweet! Have you picked out your tent yet?
No I'm not even actively looking. I'll survive on the ground until 2 grand drops into my lap.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have several Smitty Built products (winch, compressor, tire deflators) I have been surprisingly pleased with everything S.B. So I have been actively researching what people are saying about their S.B. tents and they all are saying they love them. If I get one it will be the small version. and the money I save will go for a awning and other thing I could use.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Got the other long tube tacked on tonight. Ive decided I'm going to get everything welded up and then cut to length, cap, finish, etc. Easier than cutting something too short and screwing up.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Tonight's progress

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Done!

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Nice. I used to install the shelving that the steel you used is from. Stuff is strong. The shelf mou t holes will really make mounting things easy. Love it!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Yup, it's solid. And I can load it or unload it from the trailer myself. Heaviest pieces are the angle iron on the bottom. I'll post a pic loaded up later.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Made it home and got the new addition stored in the shop. Need to get an axle under it very soon.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Tandem trailers, what?

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
It is in case he rolls it. He can just keep going :D

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #197

·
Registered
927 Posts
Man that trailer you picked up looks like it is excellent shape.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #199

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
To Do List and Plan:
- work on the details of the freshly built rack (fixed mounting points, stake pocket cutouts, brackets, etc)
- Monstaline and add ammocan toolboxes I have for it
- build and add spare tire carrier
- find good tarp for it
- fit and build toolbox mounts on rack rails
- touchup original monstaliner job I scraped up being stupid

181 - 200 of 218 Posts