Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Thanks, I won the firepit in our local jeep show raffle, and it was one in a batch made by a member, so it has our club initials in it, and typical looking jeep grille shape. He may be making others now, Im not sure. I think I remember some early bronco ones that came later for our click of bronco owners in the club.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Been working on the trailer a bit this weekend. I finally got around to "building" and installng the table I had planned for it. It folds up and down, and Ill put together some chains for holding it at adjustable angles depending on the ground Im parked on. Basically has hoodpins at the top to hold it in place. Spring pressure keeps it quiet. Was a pain to get tacked into place but all is good now. Needs coated and I need to find some better pins but its otherwise good!

Next will be painting the whole rack setup with POR15 Topcoat since I didn't do it years ago. That comes after the POR15 goes on the table, but before the Monstaliner that I need to touch things up with. My order of POR should be here by end of week.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,264 Posts
Very cool idea

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Very cool idea
Thanks, I wanted to use magnets, but I can't risk it when traveling down the highway. A more mechanical means of latching is necessary. The downside here is that I now have those studs sticking off the rack, and that will make using a fitted tarp cover harder because it will want to wear on it. I need to keep thinking on that issue, but Im hoping a tarp maker can help me there.

·
Super Moderator
10,448 Posts
Veddy nice! Daddy likes.
Can you reverse the setup? And put the pin on the table and latch it from the inside the upright?

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
now see gluck, we can't have that. That would make too much sense. I like that idea but it has a flaw as well....that upright is over an inch and half thick, and that pin would need to be longer and the spring shorter, but the problem is getting the pin to go through a hole drilled in the upright because it swings in an arc meaning the holes have to be slightly oblong. I will try my setup for awhile and see, might have to try Glucks idea next.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
hit the table with por15 last night

Attachments

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
I did manage to get the rack painted with POR15 and then TopCoat. It looks great. Now I need to get it out and use it to see what spots I missed lol. The table was scuffed and half-assed recoated so Monstaliner will stick, but its gonna be just a bit before I can do that.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

Attachments

221 - 232 of 232 Posts