Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a month long battle with the bank and owner, I finally got it ironed out today and purchased a 2010 R56 2dr Hardtop Mini Cooper. It gets around 30mpg or more, and has loads of legroom. It has the 6-speed manual trans, and basic 4cyl engine. Its fun to drive and will basically triple my fuel savings. Its dirty right now, and a little ugly as much of it is covered with Plastidip, but with a little love I think it should clean up real nice. I probably overpaid a bit, and I know the battle wasn't worth it, but I was too far along to back out, so I forged ahead and kicked a couple people in the ***, and now I have a daily driver to give the Jeep's axles a break. Pics are on the phone, so Ill try to post up in a bit.

Now I just need to find a safe full of gold to unload into it. :D

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics as promised

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait what? You like it? I was ready for a hailstorm of jabs you've had stocked up for a long time. I'm almost disappointed

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Man and you were flaming Gluck for having a Jetta!

There, are you happy now!

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Wait what? You like it? I was ready for a hailstorm of jabs you've had stocked up for a long time. I'm almost disappointed
uh! Yeah. You new I gave Mini's a thumbs up! Unless your mini is a skirt! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
And I thought gluck had a girls car. I guess you guys can bunk together at the all girls college...... A mini cooper was actually going to be my first car. The mini s supercharged manual. I settled on a truck instead because I am a man. Or maybe because the bank wouldn't approve me. Either one

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I thought gluck had a girls car. I guess you guys can bunk together at the all girls college...... A mini cooper was actually going to be my first car. The mini s supercharged manual. I settled on a truck instead because I am a man. Or maybe because the bank wouldn't approve me. Either one
I had a manual truck for my first vehicle, then I got another recently, but unfortunately the Mini has more balls than both!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
That supercharged one I was going to get was pretty peppy. It was like $18k and the truck was $10k. They approved me for the truck and not the mini

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine isn't supercharged. Basic model, simpler, less risk of blowing up like Gluck. Still gets 32mpg without paying for diesel too. But It cost me more upfront.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Glucks is lifted. He wins

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is jeep forum afterall, hard to argue with logic like that

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why? Is it for when you go over speedbumps all the time? Lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Lol, I dunno but why not...

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a lifted jeep, why not have a lowered car? It's a balance of both worlds.

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
I have a lifted jeep, why not have a lowered car? It's a balance of both worlds.
Dude, seriously, if you lower that mini, I will harass you till hell freezes over! Don't get me started!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
To be completely honest, I think gluck only lifted his because he was hoping he would get made fun of less

1 - 20 of 116 Posts