Registered
4,123 Posts
Atleast it's not a "new beetle".....ok harassment over . Nice ride Superman

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Drove it to work and back today. Its been a long time since Ive been in something Im comfortable in on the highway at 80mph. What a relief. I was passin Prius' like it was my job. Zip, Zip, We Gone!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
That's a plus I guess. My jeep can't see past 70

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
Geez, you guys disappoint me! Surely Superman needs a few good stabs. I mean come on!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I thought the said it all!..... .....sorry Superman that was the last one I promise.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Now I've seen everything ..... a not so mini Mini......We'll that's one over the new Cherokee I guess.

There is a lift kit for the new Cherokee now. I saw that FCA is redesigning the front end of them too.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
There is a lift kit for the new Cherokee now. I saw that FCA is redesigning the front end of them too.

01 XJ Classic custom front 3 link, HP60 front, Sterling Rear, 110 inch wheelbase
Just a guy in a garage trying to live the dream!
https://youtu.be/JmzuRXLzqKk

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Big day for the mini. I scrubbed the plastidip off the gas tank door, hatch, headlight bezels, and chrome trim on the hatch. The went to the carwash and cleaned up real nice. Then cleaned the windows. She's lookin pretty good now.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Before.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Never lol. Maybe thanksgiving? August? God only knows.

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
I'll be in Lake Geneva the last weekend in August. although in the wifeys Cherokee. :D

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thats getting closer. Only 5 hours from me maybe. I have a good friend in Racine.

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
Meeting the wife's cousin. We rented a house for the weekend! I plan on posting to the "hammered" thread!

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok, it has been washed, tires rotated, braking vibration/shimmy minimized, tires inspected, and checked for grease points (there are none). Sprayed the hinges with fluid film and eliminated squeaking, and never-seized everything in sight. Later Ill head to Advance Auto Retards to steal their scan tool and diagnose which of the wheel speed sensors is bad, and find out how much a set of front struts will be. One is leaking pretty good, I think its toast, which would sort of explain the occasional bumpsteer feeling (i.e. bump is felt worse on one side or the other)

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Trying to get all the bugs worked out before a Michigan trip this weekend. Need this thing to get me there. Today is day 4 of ownership. It needs some codes reset and a new brake sensor. I'm thinking of going to a dealer to get it all set for a blank slate for me and for this trip. If I can walk away from a dealer with peace of mind and a better understanding of the car then it will be worth it.
I reset the tpms last night and it's doing better after the tote rotation. I need to get used to all these fancy things. I'm still looking for a temperature gauge that doesn't exist.

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
21 - 40 of 118 Posts