Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
well, if I hit the lottery, Madison will be on the Road trip Bucket list! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Made a dealership appointment tomorrow to learn some more about this thing. Its gonna cost me, but if it saves me the cost of a rental for the weekend then Im money ahead.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Hope you grabbed some KY before you get that bill.....lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
A rental is like 330, so if its less than that I'm happy.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I would take the over on that one.....Jeep dealer is 100$ an hour.....could only imagine what a bimmer dealer charges

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Right now it's a question and answer session, with a multipoint used vehicle inspection which costs 100. Not sure what the questions will cost me. I'm not really sure I care right now. I have 15 hours of driving to do this weekend, and I can waste 330 on a rental, or put that towards my peace of mind and into my car. You can't possibly be telling me you would do the rental?

I hate dealers too, but someone needs to teach me a little more on this thing, because it's smart enough to know when it needs work, and too dumb to show me what I needs to see. While it is fun to drive and worms great for my purposes, I want to get a good baseline on how it should act and why. I'll destroy it if I think this noise or that indicator is normal and it's not.

Sorry for the long and redundant explanation, I'm a little stressed this week with nowhere to release it.

·
Super Moderator
10,606 Posts
Right now it's a question and answer session, with a multipoint used vehicle inspection which costs 100. Not sure what the questions will cost me. I'm not really sure I care right now. I have 15 hours of driving to do this weekend, and I can waste 330 on a rental, or put that towards my peace of mind and into my car. You can't possibly be telling me you would do the rental?

I hate dealers too, but someone needs to teach me a little more on this thing, because it's smart enough to know when it needs work, and too dumb to show me what I needs to see. While it is fun to drive and worms great for my purposes, I want to get a good baseline on how it should act and why. I'll destroy it if I think this noise or that indicator is normal and it's not.

Sorry for the long and redundant explanation, I'm a little stressed this week with nowhere to release it.
You could start by making a "legitimate" post in the "hammered thread" :rofl:

I agree with putting the money into your car vs giving it away for nothing in return (knowledge wise).

Guess you should join: http://www.minif56.com/forum/

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Just got back and it was 140 for a checkover. As expected I got less knowledge than time and money spent. But I knew that. So they verified a couple things for me, told me what I already knew, and explained a couple things. Also found out the part the p.o. replaced before I bought it is wrong and I need to do that before I leave Friday. So that sucks. On the hunt for parts now.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thermostat from mini with coolant=$215 out the door. Picking it up in an hour and doing that tonight. Yay me.

Fyi, Napa wanted $130-230 depending on which one you want, and no coolant. And it wasn't in stock. Online parts places were much cheaper but rush shipping was killer. This is the lesser of two evils. Buy a fancy little car, pay for fancy little parts lol.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Growing? You mean fixing lol

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yep

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Fixed it. Coolant temps are better now, according to my new tool in my lap in the pic above.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Aren't you glad parts for the xj are so simple? Lol

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yep. Believe it or not, replacing that thing is simple, and is done a couple times a week at every mini dealer in the us. Very common. Hardest part is getting the wiring out if the way to reach it.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Gonna pick up a handheld cobra cb after I get off work, then see if I can get the 12v outlets to function for this weekend

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Got the radio. The unit doesnt have batteries so I need to grab some today. Rechargeable ones to make it worth my while. I hate roadtrippin without comms. Car is running good, no codes thrown yet after scan and clear.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts