Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Wow this thing is a blast to drive. I actually like this car.

FINALLY got plates for it this week after hell with the bank. NEVER using my bank for a loan again ever. Youd think that someone who gets paid to do their job and isn't working their first day, week, or month would actually know how to do it, but no. The woman who took care of my loan acts like she has never done it before. Its my fault really, Im a magnet for idiots when the time comes that I need someone to do something for me. It seems I find the most incompetant fool in a 5 mile radius every single time. Whatever.

Anyhow, fun fact of the day: the trunk is exactly perfect for holding 5 jerry cans nice and tight. You could drive forever in this thing with that amount of fuel. Im getting 36-38mpg highway (so everyday), and racking up the miles. Its already got over 3000 on it from me. I finally got around to changing the oil (previous owner said he did, but who really knows. The more I look the more I see he was a hack. Honest, but a hack). Had someone tell me its 6/10s of an hour just to get to the oil filter and I want to punch him in the mouth because the damn thing is almost easier to change than the Jeep. If it had the ground clearance it would be!

So I filled it full of pallets last night for a fire, and today it was full of jerry cans so I could start cleaning them up. Im cleaning the insides and relining them for my use.

After the Jeep gets its axle work done I need to order front struts and some brakes for this.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Instead of the British flag on top of that thing maybe you should look into putting some stars and bars on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well it's hard to put a flag on a roof 80% covered with sunroof

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Danm that's awesome.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Mini is doing great. I drive it everywhere and I am mot ashamed to do so. I wanted to make fun of it before but I cannot. The dang thing is fun to drive and I get 34-38mpg doing so depending on which gas I use. After I get the jeep driving better the Mini will get some love in the form of struts and brakes

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Holding off on doing much needed maintenance like brakes, front struts, and other small details until I finish the jeep axles, but i did get some new headlight bulbs since the P.O. put in some cheap eBay LEDs that trip all the computer light warnings constantly. Plus the focus of the led bulbs in stock housings sucks.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Swapped in the h13 Sylvannia silverstar ultra bulbs last night, and I'm a little disappointed at how yellow they are. The light focuses great, but it's maybe worse than the jeeps lights (stock with harness). Oh well, at least I have normal lights that dont flicker and flash all the time.

I definitely want to add bumper lights to it now though. Driving lights like some minis have

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I put in sylvania silverstars in mine recently and i am not happy one bit about how yellow mine are. As soon as i can afford it, im going to get better bulbs

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Sold the led headlights that were in it before, and almost paid for the silverstars actually.

Really really need to get started oon brakes, Struts, and tires, but it'll wait until after thanksgiving. Maybe before Christmas.

Today it turned over 100,000 miles. First time I've had the chance to do that on my own vehicle. Ive now got over 14000 miles on it since June.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Beginning of major maintenace round 1. Struts, and brake sensors

More on the way

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Front parts on the way:
- 11" Zimmerman brake rotors
- EBC RedStuff brake pads
- Beck Arnley brake pad sensors
- Bilstein struts (shown above)

Debating on tires, or tires and wheels.........Options are:
$200+ for a pair of winter tires for drive wheels + mount/balance
$400+ for full set of all season tires + mount/balance
$800 for full set of all seasons tires + tpms sensors + new wheels mounted/balanced and ready to go.

Going to need tires at some point regardless.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Front parts on the way:
- 11" Zimmerman brake rotors
- EBC RedStuff brake pads
- Beck Arnley brake pad sensors
- Bilstein struts (shown above)

Debating on tires, or tires and wheels.........Options are:
$200+ for a pair of winter tires for drive wheels + mount/balance
$400+ for full set of all season tires + mount/balance
$800 for full set of all seasons tires + tpms sensors + new wheels mounted/balanced and ready to go.

Going to need tires at some point regardless.
All seasons are not snow tires. Can't go wrong with 200$ for snow skins.....

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
All seasons are not snow tires. Can't go wrong with 200$ for snow skins.....

Care to answer my devil's advocate?

True. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of driving this in winter weather. My thought is that a small front wheel drive car has to be better than a 2wd small pickup right? I drove that ranger all winter with minimal issues. So save the 200 for the year round tires I have to have, and find out if I can do without, or bite the bullet and get both. Ouch.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
The fancy parts came today... $100 in that little box.

Ebc Redstuff pads. First time around, so we'll see how they are. I'm told good things so far.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Tires and wheels!

61 - 80 of 116 Posts