Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Oh, and I got the struts in. And front brakes done last night.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
More happenings in the ricer shop. Lol.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
More happenings in the ricer shop. Lol.
I would think it more of fish n' chips....lol or maybe just the brew shop. Rice not so much

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I would think it more of fish n' chips....lol or maybe just the brew shop. Rice not so much

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Very true. I use the term loosely, and not often. But i like the fish n chips idea.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Pics from today with new wheels/tires

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
The Safelite gal showed up early at my work this morning ready to replace my windshield. But its pouring rain somethin fierce here today so she hopped in and took it to their shop to replace it inside. Sounds good to me I suppose. The worst that could happen would be that she steals my bag of dirty laundry I left in there lol.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Crossed the 106,000 mile mark last week. Almost to 107000 now. But that means Ive put 20,000 miles on this car since purchase less than 8 months ago.
20000/8=2500
12x2500=30000

Im looking at an easy 30,000 miles/year in this. Thats a lot of seat time in a little car I thought I wouldn't enjoy. I prove myself wrong every once and awhile.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Mini has been great, but yesterday I spent 30min after work trying to keep my hatch latched shut. Its spazzing out and unlocking the hatch when I unlock the car, start the car, or leave car idling. No problems after I start driving.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Summary:
-fixed hatch lock with new part
-drove the heck out of it as usual
-went to ohio and back several times this year already
-listened to engine make noise
-installed new foglights that fit cars that had that option (then wired them auxilary style because my car isn't optioned) They are awesome!
-turned up the radio as engine makes more noise
-limped it along more
-bought a house and moved so I didn't have time or place to work on it
-took it to a shop to have timing chain replaced......and probably water pump friction disc thingy. Gonna cost me money but I need it for more trips this month.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Got a call a couple hours ago. $950 to do friction disc and belt. Timing chain is ok. Might be done Friday if I'm lucky

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Got the car back and it sounds much better. Waterpump drive failure in a Mini sounds like the valvetrain is coming apart. In a Jeep, it just squeaks...

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Quick catchup: Went to my BILs bachelor party and bent 2 front rims driving like a rally car in the backhills of central OH. Just got them replaced finally.

A few weeks back 3/4 of a semi truck tire laying in the highway popped up from under the car in front of me and wrecked the Mini. Bumper, hood, headlights, grille, and a mirror. $3800+ in damages, insurance covered it and I paid 800+ due to some stupid details. Car is fixed and doing good. The new paint up front it nice, didn't realize how bad it was.

I put 40,000miles on it in a year since purchase. Still going....love this stupid car.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Update: Car has over 166,000 miles on it now. I've got nearly as much time in the seat as I do in the Jeep. Next on the list is a full set of springs and shocks (struts). Also needs a buff/cut/detail in a bad kinda way. Oh and another set of tires since the Coopers on it are gone and have over 70,000mi on them. I bought new snow tires this last winter and put them on the factory wheels. They were awesome but I want to make them last so I took em off in early March or late Feb. I don't remember.

At this point I highly recommend a Mini to someone who wants a fun car to commute in. Or even roadtrip in. This one has taken me all over the country so far, with very few issues. Much nicer than a comparable honda or a kia IMO.

And yes, I do realize my fellow Jeep forum people don't give a flying heck about a little car. But it really balances out my stable and works for my life.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
81 - 100 of 118 Posts