Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Yeah. Jeep was going good til my parts deal fell through and I failed on my wiring for the OBA last night. Now I'm frustrated with it too.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Today was a good day. Ranger bit me but I bite back. I got the dang fender ripped off finally. Putting it back will be worse, but new hardware and zipties will be my friends to help when Im in need.

Tomorrow maybe Ill get the old radiator out and the new one in. Or maybe thats too much to hope for. We shall see.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well, if you stood there looking at it, you wouldn't know anything got done, but today the Ranger got new coolant, run for awhile to warm up and open up, and another piece of front trim/bumper removed for dent removal. It was more of a battle to remove than Id like to admit, but Id also like to take the engineer who came up with the design and kick him in the teeth.

more on removing the dents tomorrow, then hopefully a scuff and paint quick to make me feel better lol. It looks like **** from the PO who started painting everything black in the first place. Once I get this piece fixed, lights and trim can go in.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Did a little painting today...

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Coming together nicely.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Shell be cruising again before you know it. Just watch out for the deer lurking on the road side.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Paint paint paint

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Taking a step backwards to do some rust repair/reinforcement. It's only time right?

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
no rust, lightening holes to go faster!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Only reason I decided to do it was that there is just a little strip of metal holding the radiator support up on the passener side. So I should probably fix that a little better.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
it's a Ford, just throw a little duct tape on it and call it good!

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nope, no shortcuts from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
I don't think that is the Superman way!! :D
Yea but it is the Ford way. (in intrest of full desclosure I drive a Ford F150, my wife has a Expedition and my last 4 trucks were Fords)

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Today I vented some frustrations on my fender. It was win-win. I got to play in the sandbox, and the fender got whipped back into shape (kinda).

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
A little grinder and filler work and it should look pretty good.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
HA! Not on this one. Thus is a bolt on and go. It's a 25 year old rusty ranger. No matching paint and body filler. I would buy a whole new fender (like 50 bucks) if I was going that route.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yeah sure lol. :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts