Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,290 Posts
You may have to put a little left side english in the steering. with the huge reduction in resistance on the drivers side, the passenger side resistance will pull you off the road!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Naw you got it all wrong there to slow it down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hey that special limited edition pearly white licensed Disney World Epcot Park "golfball" front driver's side fender is worth every penny. Going for top dollar on craigslist right now lol.

Today I hammered on it a little more after welding a crack and a couple mounting tabs up a day or two ago. Then I lightly scuffed it and attempted to spray some white on it but my spray can was too old and not doing well. So Ill try a new can this weekend. Rust repair starts soon maybe. I tidied up the garage a little while I waited for the bird that has been attacking our vehicles at work. Bird is dead now btw. No pics, I was too busy bird watching...

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
On the endangered species list I trust? :D

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
One of the pair is endangered. The other is extinct.

Today was welding day. It went ok but my welds look like **** and I forsee minor grinding in my future. But the job is done and the Rangers radiator support has been reinforced. It should hold. Soon I will be painting again and then final assembly. I hate welding rusty thin metal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
It is getting there

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well the hard part is done. Upper bumper mounted, inner fender liner stiched back together, fender hung, and ready for headlights!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Check out those lines lol. Straight as an arrow.......made by a caveman with a rock and a stick.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Looking better than new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Just remember anybody can do it with the right tools

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
And we're back on the road again. **** you deer!

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Think you should paint it camo, so the next time he don't see it coming ....lol
..looks good

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Damn that woulda been a good idea like 2 months ago!

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Well ****.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
No fuel pressure at the rail. Sending unit has been bad since I bought the truck. Maybe fuel pump went out? Need to double check if it's coming on and if it's pumping.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
A 93 dollar trip to Napa and I have a fuel pump and sending unit. Now I need to hit everything with blaster for the upcoming war on rust.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Ok, I fixed it. I did not replace the fuel pump, but I did dig down and find the fuel pump relay and fix the broken corroded wire hanging off of it. Now its running great again, or at least it did on the way home tonight. Lets see if I can get to work in the morning. Then itll be farther than last time I said it was back on the road.

Oh, btw, ITS FOR SALE. Shopping for a new commuter or truck as seen in my truck shopping thread. Starting offers at $1500 and negotiating. Its old, its simple, its slow, its fun, its solid for being 25 years old.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Still have it, still driving it around town and on the weekends. Still fun, still handy, still for sale.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts