Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

YA GOTTA HATE INTERMITTANT ELECTRONIC ISSUES

833 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wjlizard 
#1 ·
My Cherokee Limited 2019 is less than a year old - Just replaced the central display module (called a radio!) after waiting a 3 month wait for Garmin to deliver. That was an intermittent problem when everything went black. New issue that is really an old issue that is recurring. Stopped at a light the first day I took it home and it starts bucking like a bull in a chute. The tach would race to 2500 and back to zero - Happened three times. Took it to dealer but couldn't find anything. All is peaceful until ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO repeating the lunging at a stop light. Then a few days later as I was backing up it began bucking in reverse gear. Did it repeatedly half a dozen times before settling down. Each incident usually ended with the engine cutting off. I have an appointment with the local dealer. It seems to me that might be the electronic throttle - IF it has one. An Ideas. My guess is there is nothing saved on the computer and dealer will be clueless. Again. If they can't find problem what is my next move. If I hadn't been holding the brake this could have been a REAL RODEO.

#2 ·
Man, you have me on that one. If it ain't broke when it goes in, it is tough to fix. Have there been any codes pulled from the computer?

#3 ·
Personally, I would file a claim with Chrysler immediately. I don't mean your dealer but FCA corporate. This is a life safety issue. It's amazing what a phone call to corporate can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.