Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One Sat a few months ago me and the Pastor at the church I got married at went up to Tuttle with the Cherokee and his Scout. About half the day into wheeling we came across a stuck CJ-8. He asked me if I would winch him out so I did and then as I was unhooking and starting to respool my cable he jumps in and takes off, no thank you or anything. Not letting it get to me to much I just thought to myself " what a jackass" and went on with my day. about 30 minutes later we came across a Toyota trying to come up a ledge and got high centered, well hoping to redeem what happened earlier I hooked the winch up and started pulling him up off the ledge when a heard a loud "SNAP"and dropped to the ground as my winch cable flung through the air broke in 2. Well I had the truck high enough it was no longer stuck on the ledge but when the cable broke he went backwards and smacked a tree, now he starts yelling at me telling me I am a F'n idiot and have no business running a winch. So now I am out the money for a new winch cable and REALLY want to go with rope after having that cable break and I can't even afford to replace it with rope or steel. Then maybe 45 minutes later I pull a Zuki out of a mud pit with his strap only to once again not even get a thanks. Finally Pastor decided to head out and I went back out alone for just a few to go find a friend I had come across earlier in the day and ended up getting myself high centered and without a usable winch!!! Well I set there trying to flag down 7-8 different Jeeps to help and NOTHING one of them was even the VERY SAME CJ-8 I pulled out earlier. Then I tried to flag down a Bronco and a S-10 both with winches and they just looked and kept going, one of them even yelled " You gotta winch USE it". Finally my friend I knew happened to come by after me sitting there a good 50 minutes and winched me off the Ledge and I just headed home AFTER thanking him and even throwing in $30 for him using the winch (ya know for wear and tear).

After this happened I almost quit wheeling

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good grief! Some people are such jerks. Seems like they feel that they are entitled to others helping them. Well, I'm glad that you are the better person and don't let it get to you. Did you at least have a good time wheeling, all that aside?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That day even aside from all that crap I would have to say it wasn't the funnest trip. Pastors Scout had never been out before and it was only his second time wheeling so I kept things pretty easy for him..... The Couple hard things I did do didn't seam as fun as normal either cause instead of "The Group doing it" it was just me

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
You cannot make people have manners, well not legally.

Sounds like you did just like what most good parents would teach their children. Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Personally I'd just feel good about doing the right thing.

In the defense of the a-holes that wouldn't help you. They may have been previously abused by the CJ and Toyota guy! :D

My wife would slap me if she heard me saying this, or at least roll her eyes but ...
The more people we treat kindly the more likely they will treat others the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts